A powerful custom report generator called Active Reports is included with Store Operations. Dozens of standard reports are provided with Store Operations. These reports can be accessed from the Manager Task Pad, but more reports are available in the drop-down menu under Reports.
To customize any existing report, select a report that most closely approximates the data you'd like to view. Next you can:
- Add additional filters at the opening screen
- Right-click on the generated report to hide/unhide columns, print or export data
- Drag the borders between columns to resize them
- Drag and drop columns to move them
- Double-click on the right-hand border between columns to auto-size that column to its content
- Click on any column header to sort by that column, ascending or descending
- Drill-down options are available by hovering over line-item entries such as ILC (Item Lookup Code) and Account Number (for Customers); double-click when you see the magnifying glass
You should also familiarize yourself with the shortcut icons at the top of each active report which include Grouping, Filters, Show/Hide Options, Collapse/Expand, Print, Export, Copy as Table and more.
The Printer icon allows you to preview your report onscreen and determine page length.
The Diskette icon allows you to memorize your customized report and recall it at any time. Memorized reports list under the drop-down menu for Reports.
The Export option allows you to export to your email client directly, or export and call an application. Examples:
Select Export, Application, and File Format: CSV. You will be prompted to save the file and once saved the associated application will be activated (such as Excel for CSV files).
Select Email, HTML format and your email client will be activated. If you have HTML mail format turned on, the report will be imbedded in the email message. If not, the file will be attached to the outgoing message as a .HTM file.
The Refresh icon will regenerate and update the report to reflect any changes you've made to line-item entries, or update data based on database activity at other workstations (such as POS transactions).
Additional report templates for RMS are available from the Reports section on our self-service knowledgebase.